Thursday, August 8, 2013

Getting soaked at a pagoda

Well, had to happen eventually I guess. Today I spent about half an hour at a Wat here. Otres Wat to be more specific. During which time I got a red string tied around my wrist and then sat there prayer as the monk threw cold water over me. Ended up completely drenched! Which is odd because I have spent the last couple of days trying not to get wet as it has been raining almost continuously here.

What did I think of the experience at the pagoda? Well, not much pomp or anything. The monk came off what appeared to be a building site to do his thing. It included collecting of food, and more importantly money! About $US5 is what they wanted for the joy of having cold water poured over myself and my motor scooter. A moto wash and warm shower could of been had for alot less!

Anyway, photo of the day. Flooding in Phnom Penh.


No comments:

Post a Comment